- Job Role: WordPress web designer
- Position: Full-time Mon-Fri
- Location: Rockhampton/Capricorn Coast, Queensland
- Post date: 19 June 17
Chameleon Group offers a wide range of studio quality graphic design, professional printing services, signage solutions, promotional & merchandise products, packaging, website development, social media campaigns and marketing media services.
We are a growing number of well established Queensland businesses with over 153 years of combined experience in the printing, graphic arts & media industry that have come together to form the Chameleon Group.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a WordPress Web Designer to join our very dynamic team.
About the role
As part of the Chameleon Group media and web development team, you will be assisting in the preparation of well designed and effective WordPress websites You will be communicating professionally with Chameleon Group’s customers via phone, e-mail and in person to ensure we deliver the best customer experience for our clients and the timely delivery of their website projects. This role will be based out of our small, but growing Rockhampton sales site and the right person will need to be able to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years experience working with WordPress in an agency or similar environment
- You have extensive experience developing custom WordPress themes or plugins using WordPress hooks, WordPress filters, etc.
- You have a good knowledge of front-end web technologies (CSS, HTML, etc.)
- You will have an eye for good design and clean user interfaces and the ability to remain focused under pressure
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite
- You have the ability to debug, test and find solutions without guidance
- You are confident and proactive, you can build relationships at all levels of the organisation and have a fun and vibrant personality
You would have
- Work closely across the Chameleon Group graphic design and media teams to ensure digital campaign elements are properly scoped, consistent with our clients brand identities and deliver great customer experiences.
- Design and develop responsive websites, focusing on both front-end and back-end development.
- Take responsibility for other aspects of the full end-to-end Development Life Cycle (including, but not limited to, gathering of requirements, testing, support, maintenance, and documentation).
- Optimise online applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Manage hosting environments.
- Work effectively in a team and demonstrate excellent time management